Terms and Conditions
Section A – Race Entry
A.1 Declaration of Entrant
- By confirming my entry to the race I confirm that I have read and accept these terms and conditions. If the Entrant is under the age of 18 years, I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant and that I give my consent for the them to take part in the race (or challenge), and that I have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
A.2 Race Conditions
- Entrants acknowledges that by entering the race, they accept that the fee paid is not a direct purchase of the medal. The challenge detailed on the race page should be completed with suitable evidence submitted to Rundraise, by the submission deadline date. On receipt of ‘suitable evidence’, the medal (or alternative reward) will be posted to then Entrant.
- Rundraise will issue the medal (or alternative reward) via post to the delivery address supplied by the Entrant at the point of purchase. The Entrant is responsible for providing the correct address, Rundraise will not be held responsible for incorrect address, and will not issue a replacement medal if the medal has already been posted to the Entrant.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and completing the distance they have nominated. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that as a virtual run, Rundraise will not provide race support in the form of marshalls, medical personnel or time tracking for the event.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- Entrants agree that failure to complete the event will not result in a refund of the entry fee. Rundraise should be contacted via the contact details provided on the Web Site in the instance that the Entrant cannot complete the challenge or cannot submit suitable evidence by the submission deadline. Extensions to the deadline for completing the challenge will be at the discretion of Rundraise. No refunds can be given once the challenge has started, or after the challenge has ended.
- Entrants acknowledge that any refunds from withdrawal from the race at least 30 days before the start day of the challenge will usually be provided as credit to use on future races or mechandise. If Rundraise agree to a cash refund, this may be subject to a small fee to cover the costs of the PayPal transaction.
- The price of entry is inclusive of VAT. Postage is included only if specified on the race entry page and at the checkout page.
- Entrants consent that Rundraise have permission to freely use their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications, marketing and Web Site content produced by Rundraise. In some events Rundraise will provide a reward to the Entrant for this purpose.
- Entrants consent to receiving communications via the provided email address about the race or other races, challenges or updates from Rundraise.
- Rundraise reserves the right to change the date and details of any race or challenge. Should a change of date be made, and the Entrant is unable to participate during the revised time period, the Entrant will be informed via email and has two weeks to inform Rundraise if they choose to withdraw in order to receive a refund of their entry fee.
- All decisions and rulings by Rundraise are considered final. The Entrant will comply with all race rules and all instructions and guidelines.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, Entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the Entrant’s participation, that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
Section B – General Use
B.1 – Account and Personal Data
- By creating an account with Rundraise you are allowing us to use your personal data to provide our service and products to you. This includes the use of your email to send notifications of your service and product, your personal address for the delivery of products and your payment information (which is not stored on this site but by Paypal) so we can receive payment for the service and products.
- All other communications including marketing require you to opt in. By not opting in this does not affect your ability to be a part of the Rundraise community.
- Rundraise will always ask permission for the right to pass your details onto 3rd party sponsors of our races, Web Site or ‘miles for money’ initiative.
B.2 – Web Site Usage and Content
- We do not guarantee that our Web Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Web Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Web Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Web Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Web Site. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our Web Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Web Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Web Site, the server on which the Web Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Web Site. You must not attack the Web Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you could commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Web Site will cease immediately.
- The content on our Web Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Web Site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Web Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Web Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
B.3 – Contributions to our Web Site and Social Media Accounts
Contributions to our website or social media accounts must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- The Web Site may link to our Facebook page or other features on the Web Site which may provide some areas where you can post or exchange information, ideas and opinions as well as post photos and other materials. Such actions are collectively referred to as “Contributions”. If you make use of this facility you much comply with the terms set out in this Agreement and any applicable terms (including any which may be imposed by the operators of Facebook).
- The standards set out in this clause 2.2 apply to all Contributions. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- You warrant that all of your Contributions do comply with the standards set out in this clause 2, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You hereby authorise us to copy and use and/or authorise others to use all or part of your Contributions in any manner (including, without limitation, for the purposes of implementing or developing any idea that you may suggest or discuss), format, or medium that we or such other parties see fit throughout the world. You waive any moral rights.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to anyone who alleges that your Contribution may infringe their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Please be aware that we have no obligation to (and do not always exercise) editorial control over Contributions or other information that users post to the Web Site and such information does not necessarily reflect our views.
- Notwithstanding clause 6, we reserve the right to monitor and/or moderate all Contributions and to remove all or part of any which we consider in our absolute discretion to be offensive or otherwise in breach of this Agreement. We may also make alterations to Contributions at any time and at our discretion.
B.4 – Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in and relating to our Web Site; and the material (including all logos, text and graphics) published on the Web Site; and the software used to operate our Web Site.
- These works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s)) from our Web Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Web Site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in accordance with clause 3 in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Web Site must always be acknowledged.
B.5 – Competitions and Prizes
- Occasionally Rundraise will hold competitions publicised on the Web Site, through email and across our social media accounts. One winner will be chosen from all entries received, unless otherwise specified.
- Occasionally Rundraise will also award prizes outside of competitions for achievements or interesting and amusing methods of completing challenges or displaying rewards received by the Entrant.
- All winners will be announced across our social media accounts and in some occasions on our Web Site. The winner of a competition or prize accepts that Rundraise have permission to freely use their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications, marketing and Web Site content produced by Rundraise. Rundraise will always ask permission if the Entrant receives a prize without having submitted an entry to Rundraise as part of a defined competition.
B.6 – Medal Designs, Images and Licensing
- All of our images used on our finisher medals (or alternative rewards or merchandise) are either:
- Drawn by a member of the Rundraise team or affiliate, with additions to the design by the medal manufacturers design team.
- Have been acquired by purchasing an enhanced licence from the owner of the image, details of which can be provided upon request.
- Have been provided for free use to Rundraise by a user of the Web Site through email or one of suggestion contact form.
- All images which have been purchased, or that have been designed by others and used free of charge with the owner’s permission, will be credited on the race page.
- All of our medals are intended as parody, caricature and pastiche, as set out in Section 30A and Schedule 2 (2A) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
B.7 – Charities
- Rundraise commit to a minimum % of every race entry fee as donation to charity.
- The chosen charity for each race will be displayed on the race page.
- If the user has a subscription account they will be able to choose their own charity within their account page, which will override the charity displayed on the race page.
- The % committed to charity is for every entry, not for the total of all entries available. Rundraise do not commit to providing a donation for unsold entries.
Section C – General Terms
- Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
- No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
- To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
- These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the challenge
“Entrant” means the person named on the account who will be participating in the race or challenge.
“Suitable Evidence” is defined on the race page or the ‘how it works’ page. Other forms of evidence may be accepted at the discretion of Rundraise.
“Reward” is defined as the item received upon completion of the challenge, typically a medal, but occasionally a t-shirt, coupon or addition to a medal (such as a magnet).
“Web Site” is defined at www.rundraise.com and its subsequent pages, whether accessed directly through the domain name, a re-directed web address or a link on another Web Site or social media post.